DYNAMO is designed as an innovative and pioneering training network, with the unique vision of developing the next generation hybrid nanopore technology exploiting DNA nanostructures integrated with multifunctional solid-state platforms
DYNAMO brings together a unique team of 6 world-leading academic groups, at the forefront of nanoscience and single molecule sensing and manipulation, and 1 high tech company, to translate the innovations into real-world applications.
We will train 11 Junior Researchers on a unique mix of experimental and computational skills at the physics/chemistry/biotechnology interface.
DYNAMO will enable technological advances through the combination of enhanced optical spectroscopies, (magneto)plasmonics and DNA nanotechnology. This will lead to the development of nanopore technologies with unprecedented functionality and single molecule control.
DYNAMO will enable to reach single molecule capturing and tweezing functionality in solid-state nanopore in a way that has not been
possible before. This will pave the way to fascinating new discoveries into the fundamental structures of biomolecules and the interaction forces among them.
Opportunities for Researchers when joining DYNAMO:
- Participate in a highly committed network of academic and industrial leaders in the field of nanopore technology, single
molecule spectroscopies and advanced nanostructures design and fabrication.
- Participate in a worldwide unique training programme, comprising individual research projects, interactive and hands-on courses, workshops and secondments covering the entire route to application of material sciences.
DYNAMO leverages on an innovative technology with currently unavailable functionalities:
- Pioneer controlled deposition of nanomaterials on array of
hollow nanostructures and selective functionalization
- Single molecule spectroscopy and magneto-plasmonic based
control of translocation
- Single-molecule DNA and protein sequencing